The history of community newspapers in the Newcomerstown area is long and varied, yet the Newcomerstown News continues to serve the area with great local coverage and friendly service.
Newcomerstown’s first newspaper was the Newcomerstown Visitor, which began circulating on June 7, 1871. In the following years, the newspaper carried many names until after World War II when it became known as the Newcomerstown News permanently.
The News has a long tradition of community journalism, supporting economic development of the region and surrounding towns and villages.
The Newcomerstown News is celebrating its 112th year in operation, covering primarily the village of Newcomerstown, but also covering West Lafayette, Port Washington, and Gnadenhutten; including the school districts of Newcomerstown, Ridgewood, and Indian Valley.
The Newcomerstown News is part of the weekly division of The Daily & Sunday Jeffersonian, which is itself part of Dix Communications.