The first Randolph Fair was held on October 15, 1858, beside the road on Route 44. The vegetables, fruits, and grains were shown in the schoolhouse. Bela Hubbard, who was the first male citizen of Randolph in 1802, was made president of the first agricultural society in 1873.
Until 1964-1965, it was necessary for us to get a loan for start-up money for each fair as our society had no funds. One of our directors would take a loan out against his farm and let the fair use it to hold the next fair.
1972 was the year we adopted the name of Portage County Agricultural Society, Randolph Fair. We are known today as the Portage County Agricultural Society, DBA\Randolph Fair. We are still independently owned and operated.